Training and PreparationPaperback - 2010
Whether you're an experienced mountaineer, a hardened climber, or about to embark on your first expedition, nothing is more critical than anticipating, understanding, and preparing for the adversities and accomplishments that await you and your team.
In Mountaineering: Training and Preparation, Carlton Cooke, Dave Bunting, and John O'Hara, along with the members of the British Army Everest West Ridge Expedition team and sport and exercise scientists from LeedsMetropolitan University, share their insights, experiences, and expertise on these aspects of mountaineering:
· Selecting the right team for each expedition
· Physical conditioning and training programs to ensure success
· Nutritional strategies for your training and expeditions
· Team safety, climbing precautions, and first aid
· Preparing for and surviving in extreme conditions
From the technical aspects of a climb to the leadership and teamwork skills so essential to success, this comprehensive guide covers all of the essentials for a safe and successful expedition.
Mountaineering: Training and Preparation is must-read for every mountaineer. Read it before your next expedition.